Welcome to Computer Learning Research Centre
We are world leaders in developing predictive algorithms for pattern recognition and machine learning.
Our centre was founded at Royal Holloway, University of London in 1998 and attracted a strong team of researchers.
- Vladimir Vapnik & Alexey Chervonenkis (founders of statistical learning theory)
- Alexander Gammerman & Vladimir Vovk (inventors of Conformal Predictor)
- Vladimir Vovk (inventor of Game-theoretic probability.)
- Chris Watkins (inventor of Q-Learning)
- Glenn Shafer (founder of Dempster–Shafer theory)
- Jorma Rissanen (inventor of Minimum Description Length principle)
- Leonid Levin (founder of NP-completeness theory)